Welcome to the 2023 Baseball season!
EMB is an entirely volunteer-run operation and a team effort on the part of players and families alike. Executive members put in many hours before, during, and after the season to ensure the league runs successfully. In addition, each family is expected to put in 4-6 hours of volunteer time (per child) during the season.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to play an active role in your child's baseball experience and community.
Note: Parents may also elect to opt out of Volunteering and choose to pay the Volunteer Fee of $200.00. Please email [email protected] with your intent to opt out.
Please review the rules below or visit the EMB website before selecting your job in the sign up.
We will work together to ensure you find a slot that will work for you. If you are a coach, assistant coach, manager or exec member, those positions require more than enough hours to cover ALL your players registered with EMB.
At this time the Volunteer Sign up will be going live Wednesday May 31,2023 at 6:00 pm for the Exeter Extreme Tournament June 16-18. There will be other opportunities to volunteer at the U11 - Mite Tournament August 18 - 20. The signup for August will be posted at a later date.
Another email will come at that time with the link.
Rules of Volunteering
1. For every child registered with Exeter Minor Ball there is an expected Volunteer commitment of at least 4 - 6 hours.
2. If you sign up for a position and cannot make it, you can send a friend or relative to fill in for you. Ensure you or the person working signs the volunteer book and indicate your child's name and team so you will get credit for the time.
3. Cancellation: If there is no way you can fulfill a position you committed to please cancel 1 week in advance so someone else has a chance to fill the spot
4. Volunteer commitments will be available on https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0944AAAA2FA3FBC43-exeter as they become available.
5. There will be a sign up book at tournaments for anyone completing volunteer hours there (diamond prep and tournament convenor). It will be your responsibility to sign in.
6. The 4-6 hour requirement does not apply to coaching (coach, assistant coach, manager and executive-fulfill full allotment of volunteer hours automatically). Those positions are season long. There may be times that teams are short coaches or assistant coaches. It is an expectation of parents to help from time to time. In these instances, hours helped on the field will not count as volunteer hours.
7. Please read the "Volunteer Job Descriptions" tap for full descriptions of your volunteer responsibilities.
Tournament volunteers (Exeter Minor Ball)
Note: There are no exemptions from performing volunteer duty for any parent. The $200 deposit cheque, for those who did not fulfill their volunteer duty, will be cashed. If you are choosing to opt out, email [email protected] to indicate your intent to opt out and have your cheque cashed.